Working in China
General Information on Working in China
Salaries are up to $70,000 a year for teachers (and growing)
We have teaching positions for a variety of subjects. English teaching positions are always readily available. Teaching positions for teachers of other subjects change frequently.
Salaries normally range from $21,000 - $70,000 USD Per Year (134,600 RMB to 448,800 RMB per year) per the January 2018 exchange rates. Monthly salaries are decided during the final contract negotiations between the candidate and the hiring party.
Benefits for specific opportunities will vary from school to school (or company to company), but will generally include: free apartment, medical insurance (western-style hospital list), round trip airfare from home country ($1,500 budget) and work visa sponsorship.
The ages of students vary from school to school as well. We have openings in kindergartens, primary schools, middle schools, universities, international schools and learning centers. Teachers must be willing to relocate to China for a minimum of one year.
Teachers are expected to effectively teach assigned classes, teach 15 - 36 hours within a 20-40 hour work week, attend required weekly and monthly meetings, meet and collaborate with colleagues regularly, and assist administration to increase the inclusion and implementation of western-style academic dynamics at the school in which they are employed.
Part time teaching positions are also available which only require 20-25 teaching hours per week with no office hours.
General Requirements for Teachers
- Undergraduate degree required (English, ESL, or education major preferred)
- Teaching certificate (TESL, TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA) preferred
- Native speaker or non native speaker with no accent required
- 2 years teaching experience preferred but not required
- Upbeat, active personality with a passion to teach and influence young people required
- Salaries are contingent on a candidate’s qualifications, the more qualifications a candidate possesses the higher the probability that the candidate will be offered a higher salary.
- A certified teacher is a teacher who has earned credentials from an authoritative source, such as the government, a higher education institution, or a private source. This teaching qualification gives a teacher authorization to teach in preschools, primary schools, and secondary schools in where a teaching license is required. This also gives a teacher significant leverage in contract negotiations, as schools in China are becoming increasing insistent on hiring instructors who are licensed in their home country.
Online Teaching Opportunities
Do you want to make up to $24 per hour from the comfort of your own home? Do you want to have more control over when you teach and choose when you have free time? Online English teaching can be a terrific way to make additional income while having the control to decide how many hours you want to teach. Our online client, Class100, is one of the best in the industry and will provide you with all the tools you need to succeed as an online English teacher. If you want to turn teaching English online into a fun and rewarding career, it is absolutely possible. YùPro is currently looking for online English teachers to fill many available positions with Class100!